Monday, May 30, 2016

A Sledding with Tigers Tribute Part 2 ("Oasis" by Wonderwall): Wait, So Bad Emotions Are Good? I'm Confused.

"Oh man I hate this feeling, but I don't hate that I'm feeling it." ~Sledding with Tigers

https://sleddingwithtigers.bandcamp.com/track/oasis-by-wonderwall
(Again I'd say go ahead and listen to the song before, after or while you're reading this)

To me, life is an infinitely astounding feat of Nature. But not just because life has the ability to be born, grow, reproduce and die. But because life is chalk-full of emotion. Without emotion, life would be boring. Life, death, repeat. But with this thing we've dubbed as emotion, every organism to ever live, has felt something. Whether it be the mighty dinosaurs who ruled Earth long before humans, your cute little cat, or the very first bacteria, which started all life down the path of evolution. They... We've all felt emotion. Pain, love, hate, warmth, you name it. Every life form has felt something or another. But no one can be sure that other animals quite understand what their emotion means. Not even us. Except there is one little thing us humans can do. We can take all this emotion, all this raw feeling that's been building up inside all life for billions of years... and create art. Cuz when ya think about it, that's all art is. The expression of emotion. And while much art is of love, happiness, faith, calm, and joy, much of it is not. And God knows it. 

[God appears in his undies, eating a bowl of cereal]
Jared: Oh no, not him again.
God: Hey! You called! What's up homie?
Jared: Homie? No, no, no, I called by accident. I just use your name for everyday expressions. That's all. You can go now.
God: Oh... well if that's how you truly feel, I guess I'll go. Sesame Street is on anyway, and The Count was just about to count the number of day. It's my favorite part. I probably missed it by now...
[God disappears as he sobs into his cereal]

Is it bad that I feel kinda bad about that?

Jared the Psychiatrist: No. No, not at all Jared. In fact I'd say it's quite the opposite. It's spectacular. You see even the emotions that we perceive to be unsatisfactory  are indeed a personal triumph. They're not deplorable at all. They're there for a reason. And you're feeling them for-
Jared: I've had enough out of you too asshole! Using all these big ass words. Perceive? Deplorable?! Who says that?!
Jared the Psychiatrist: Oi! Bugger off mate! I don't need this from you. I was only attempting to assist after all.
Jared: Well it ain't helping! Bye bye now.

That guy really pisses me off. And the way he talks: "I was only attempting to assist-". He's a real piece of work. But, I mean. I guess he's not wrong. Feeling shitty, isn't just there to make you feel like shit. Pain, anguish, heartbreak, guilt, anger, frustration, jealousy, fear, hatred, sadness... It's all important. If you try to imagine a world without these things. That's a pretty boring world. You'd just be happy all the time. Isn't that disgusting? To put yourself in a life devoid of pain, is to put yourself in a life without growth. Without really feeling much of anything. Without truly living. That's why in this song, the lyrics say "I'm lucky I'm feeling anything at all". Because we're all so goddamn lucky to be feeling all the emotions we feel. Oops. Sorry God.

[God reappears]
God: What's up?
Jared: What do you mean, what's up? I just used your name in vain. That's like, a sin or something right?
God: What? Oh, no, no, no. Look, I don't know who made that up or why, but that ain't true. I swear people are always making up stories about me. There comes a point where I just gotta let it all slide, but man it gets annoying. Anyway, I gotta get back. Bert and Ernie are the cutest couple ever and I'm NOT about to miss them.
[God disappears]

Well... goddamn.
[God reappears again]
God: But maybe ease up on the cursing a little, would ya kid?
Jared: Oh, fuck you.
God: Right back at ya.
[God disappears]

Man, is he a pain in the ass or what. But to rap this bad boy up, maybe the painful stuff, isn't necessarily "bad". Maybe it's good to feel bad. I think I understand that more than ever. (Maybe a little too much) But WHAT DO I KNOW EH? Ab-solutely nothing. And if you're still reading this, I hoped you've learned one thing. It's okay to feel all those bad feelings you get. In fact it's amazing! It's really the only way you can know, if you're truly alive. So next time you feel like shit, for whatever reason or another, don't stop it. NEVER stop it. Feel as much of it as you can. Soak it all in. You just might appreciate life even more. I mean you probably already knew everything I just said, and if that's the case, then this has been a total waste of what precious time you have left in this life. Either way, "You're lucky you're seeing anything at all".
Good night, good luck, and God bless.

God: Oh, no way I'm blessing them. If you think Imma lay a finger on them dirty skinbags you be outta your MIND.
Jared: Okay! Dang dude, chill!

And remember kids, this isn't just a story about your feelings, or my feelings, or how freaking annoying God IS. This Is A Story About Martez Knox.

Just kidding! This Is A Story About Me (Jared Clark).

(Martez is a friend who couldn't make a funny joke to save his life. Just to be clear, I am not Martez Knox. I am Jared. Not Martez..... Love you buddy!)

3 comments:

  1. Please, if you like it, have something to share, or really hate it and wanna give me a piece of your mind, comment down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jared, I find the psychiatrist in me pretty annoying too sometimes, with the nagging and deep thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have no idea. And I haven't even broken out most of the different personalities, professions and impressions I have running around in here.

      Delete