Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Sledding with Tigers Tribute (Never Really Good At Sports): Hey, What's That Piece of Shit Doing in My Mirror?

"If self-loathing was a sport... then I'd finally be good at a sport" -Sledding with Tigers

Get it? Cuz he hates himself so much, that the only sport he thinks he could ever be good at is self-loathing. That's a knee slapper!

https://sleddingwithtigers.bandcamp.com/track/never-really-good-at-sports
(Awesome song)
(I highly recommend listening to it before/while reading this post)

I've never been one for... liking myself all that much. Especially in comparison to other people. If you've read my other posts you'll know that I love people, because I think they're amazing. Because they are. They're amazing. YOU, ARE FUCKING, AMAZING. And deep down I know I'm amazing too. But also deep down, there are parts of me that think I'm not that great (like REEAAAALLLY shitty). Like, I look in the mirror and instead of a 16 year old boy going through puberty, I see a piece of shit. Going through puberty. And I know I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Everyone has problems with self-image. And everyone has problems with loving themselves. So I'm working on it.

This song helps me realize that loving myself is something I need to work on. Because if you can't love yourself, how on earth can you truly manage to love anybody else? That's kinda why I love the line "Someday I will learn to love myself as much as I love everybody else". Because it's true. Loving yourself is just as important as loving your fellow human. 

So do me a favor and don't be so hard on yourself. When it comes down to it, you're all you've got. And remember, this isn't just a story about me, this is a story about the true hatred we all have for inner ourselves!

But also This Is A Story About me.
         t    i  a s     a     jaredclark

No comments:

Post a Comment